Sunday, September 19, 2021

William Boyett Adam-12 Sgt MacDonald long interview from 1973

William Boyett, Adam-12's Sergeant MacDonald, gave a long interview in 1973. Despite having done, according to him, over 1,000 TV productions (!), the man had very little press. 

William Boyett interview Sgt MacDonald Adam-12 1973




Here you can read all about his wife -- who got more press coverage than him actually for her involvement with the Valley Committee for the Los Angeles Philharmonic, where she is always written about as "Mrs. H. William Boyett" -- because in the 60s women didn't have their own names (grrr) -- and about his kids. His daughter loved Mannix (yes!) and thankfully neither of his teenagers wanted to be actors. It paid well for him though. He had a home in (she's going to say North Hollywood! No! Wait for it) Studio City. How convenient!


The original scan is NOT sharp on page one for the first two columns. That was not my doing. Really excited to have found this. Pages two and three are nice and clear. 



William Boyett interview Sgt MacDonald Adam-12 1973 page 1


 I didn't like the ads for dental plates and bikini girl, so I pasted Mac over them. Hope I didn't upset the purists 😃

William Boyett interview Sgt MacDonald Adam-12 1973 page 2
William Boyett interview Sgt MacDonald Adam-12 1973 page 3


I highly recommend the HIGHWAY PATROL series. IMDB says William Boyett was in 65 episodes. There are a few episodes with Zorro Guy Williams [that's why I first watched!], and quite a few show late 1950s Chatsworth, my most recent former Valley home. Great Slideshare on Highway Patrol in Chatsworth here

One day I will do a bunch of screenshots of "Sgt. Mac" from Highway Patrol. I know actors want to have their "wide range" yada, yada, but Bill Boyett made a great cop. Know your best range and stick with it, I say. Really wild how he got the part on Highway Patrol. 

And in case you hadn't noticed, Mac is my favorite on Adam-12.

Spaulding Square Bungalows in Adam-12 episode “Excessive Force”

  Spaulding Square Bungalows in “Excessive Force” Lots of photos of upscale Hollywood bungalows from 1919 follow.   Central Division patro...