Saturday, November 20, 2021

I Drove Adam-12's Patrol Route on Lankershim


I drove Adam-12's patrol route

I had to drive back to Los Angeles recently (November 11-13th, 2021) and as I was in the San Fernando Valley anyway, how could I not drive some of Adam-12's patrol route in North Hollywood and Toluca Lake. Nice to get my own photos to update and supplement the Google Map ones. Ideally I should have done this in the 80s. (Take me back!!!) I hope to integrate my shots into the appropriate episode posts, but for now a little sample.

After spending some of a hot (90 degrees!) afternoon walking around Riverside and Forman in Toluca Lake with my dear friend, I took surface streets back out of the Valley and -- after driving directly into the sun (awful!!!!!!!!!) east on Verdugo -- I dropped down to Moorpark and passed through Adam-12 Square at sunset. Dusky photo from my car here:

Yes, I did stop again on Saturday morning, parked and got out, and aimed the camera in all directions. I was alone, so nobody to take my picture in front of what was once Bob's Liquor. Alas! 


Friday, November 12th I was accompanied and out of the car on one of Adam-12's favorite San Fernando Valley location streets, Bloomfield east of Lankershim:


And at the zigzag 1960 (formerly) Universal Star Market:

Adam-12 Universal Star Market location North Hollywood


Pre-Adam-12, some NoHo crime at the Universal Star Market:

True Crime North Hollywood 1962 Universal Star Market

I'll incorporate more of my recent photos into posts about Adam-12 locations, San Fernando Valley business histories, and vintage North Hollywood crimes "in due course," as my dear friend in Wales often says. 


Spaulding Square Bungalows in Adam-12 episode “Excessive Force”

  Spaulding Square Bungalows in “Excessive Force” Lots of photos of upscale Hollywood bungalows from 1919 follow.   Central Division patro...